This notice is issued pursuant to the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Privacy Notice”) and the principles which will apply to our processing and disclosure of the personal data to the extent permissible under the law. We implement strict security standards to maintain the safety of your personal information and to prevent unauthorised access.
- What is personal data
Personal data shall have the meaning ascribed to it in the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- What information we collect?
Information you give us via provided online form, email, newsletters or surveys.
Information we collect automatically, including but not limited to:-
- when you interact with us interaction through our website by using cookies or tracking technologies; or
- when you interact with us during events, talks, programmes and webinars organised by us and/or our partners; or
- when you share an article or post a comment or other content with a friend/contact through social media about us; or
- web analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics.
By providing your or another individual’s personal data to us, you confirm that you and such individual consent to our collection, use and disclosure of the personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Please do not provide us your personal data if you do not consent to the use and disclosure of your personal data in such manner.
- Why do we collect personal data?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- optimizing the performance and user experience of our sites;
- operating, evaluating and improving our business;
- conducting research and analysis;
- to provide you with personalise content;
- to process and respond to your enquiries;
- to confirm or update information provided by you
- to communicate with you;
- to invite you to the events, talks, programmes and webinars organised by us;
- for marketing and internal administrative purposes;
- for the purpose of complying with the laws and regulations including requirements of any government or authorities or court of law; and
- for other legitimate business purposes.
- Disclosure of personal data
We will keep confidential your personal data and we will not disclose your personal data to any unaffiliated third party without your consent.
You hereby give your consent to us disclosing your personal data to the following parties, including but not limited to, government agencies, statutory authorities and/or industry regulators whom we are compelled or required to do so pursuant to any law.
- Your rights of access and correction
You may access, request correction or update to your personal data, withdraw (in full or in part) your consent given by contacting us. Please allow us a reasonable time to respond and effect any change.
- How long do we retain data?
We keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us.
When the purposes for which we processed your personal data have concluded, we will either permanently delete or destroy the relevant personal data or anonymise it, in a manner that ensures individuals are no longer identifiable.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may review and update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect any necessary changes in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
As it is generally not practicable to notify you of the changes to this Privacy Notice, the latest version will always be posted or available on this website. It is your responsibility to check this Privacy Notice before you submit additional personal data to ensure that you are aware of the latest version. By continuing to access to this website, deal with us and/or instruct us in the course of our services to you, you are deemed to have consented to the updates to this Privacy Notice.
8. Email Communication
It is our usual practice to send all official communications between ourselves and clients or other third parties using email accounts from the domains “@mhtc.org.my”.
We have a strict policy of NOT issuing unsolicited emails and DOES NOT issue email soliciting engagements. Any such email purporting to be from us is a case of identity theft by a person or persons unknown to us.
If you have received an email from any other domain, that communication does not relate to the official business of us, shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by us. We are not liable for the content of such communications, or for the consequences of any actions taken based on such communications, regardless of any claims of association with us or any of our partners.
9. What happens when I link to another site?
10. Questions and contact information
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .